Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Twelve Days....err Gift Baskets of Christmas


Christmas is usually my favorite time of the year. I wait all year for it! I love the music, the decorations, wrapping gifts(even though I suck at it) and all the gift baskets we receive at the office. Okay, maybe I love the gift baskets a little too much. Fortunately and unfortunately with the recession the baskets have not been arriving quite as often. I will admit, I am one of those people who tend to put on a little weight during the holiday season and, this year is no exception. So far, I've put on a pound. Yes, one whole pound! I'm not following the Weight Watchers plan. Haven't even really thought about it much. My life is sheer stress and hell these days and the thought of measuring, journaling and holding myself accountable for what I put in my mouth takes energy I simply don't have right now, which is utterly ridiculous! Can't even believe I thought that let alone typed it. It's thoughts like these that causes the pounds to creep up...thoughts and actions. Let's see...I need something to celebrate? Oh, I have remained under 200lbs. I will celebrate the small things. Ha!

It's been 5 days since I've worked out or done any running. Five very, very long days! I'm down to the wire with this school semester and every waking moment I'm not at my desk I need to be studying plus, I'm still pretty banged up and sore from my car accident. Luckily for me, I'm too depressed and stressed to overindulge. Wait, did I just type luckily and depressed in the same sentence? I usually overindulge when I'm happy or anxious. Clearly skipping meals because I'm depressed is not the healthiest way to be but, it is what it is. What is healthy is, I plan to venture out on a nice 5 mile run this weekend. Hope all goes well!

With the year coming to a close I counted 8 organized races I ran so far this year(I say so far like I have more planned...I don't!). My goal was to do one race a month. Actually since I set that goal back in September of 2010 I've ran 14 official races which included 4 10 milers and one half marathon!! Yay me! I was so upset about my time at the VA Beach Surf N Santa that I forgot why I do this. I discovered why I 'train' better than I race...it's because when I train it's just me and nothing but time! :-) I saw this quote on a Facebook Group page and instantly loved it, "You are a RUNNER! There is no such thing as slow!". I was really disappointed in my attitude. Instead of celebrating my FINISH and not just any finish, a finish that was my best 10 mile finish ever, I was bitching about nothing. Lesson Learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment