Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Even if you fall flat on your face at least you are moving forward" --Sue Luke

I am maintaining my weight. That would be great if I was back at my goal weight. I have not been journaling, measuring or counting my points but, what's new? I've been saying this in every single post! I know I've been saying for weeks now, that I am going to get back to tracking. News flash...I'm Tracey and I'm a procrastinator. So, it could be another 3 months before I do what I say I'm going to do. Luckily for me, I'm not putting on weight. I work really hard to make the proper food choices and to not overindulge too much though, it doesn't always work out that way. All in all, 10 pounds down and 10 more to go. Who knew it would be so freaking hard to lose 10lbs?!

It's Saturday evening and I'm happy to report that I have gotten my weekend long run out of the way! However, I do not miss getting up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning to run 8 plus miles. Nope, don't miss it at all! I typically run on Fridays so, no Saturday runs for me. Unfortunately this past Thursday, after leaving yoga I twisted my knee a funny way while heading home. I SCREAMED out in pain!!! Yes, there were looks. Lol! I was so worried that something was torn. It was still sore Friday so, I made a very wise decision not to run. In the meantime someone from my running club asked if I was up for a 7 mile run this morning? I agreed even though 1. again, I do not miss getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturdays and 2. 7 miles is simply not enough for me these days. It was a tough run. It was really cold, really windy and have I mentioned really early? :-) She runs a slower pace than me so, I had to slow down a lot but, I wasn't complaining because I wasn't having the best run. Once we made it back to our cars, I told her I was going to keep going. I really wanted to do 9 miles and, that's what I did. Two more miles...two more really hard miles. In the end it took me 1 hour and 48 minutes to run 9 miles. This is what I meant in my last post when I said, no two runs are ever the same. Last week I ran 10 miles in 1 hour 52 minutes and the week before that, I ran 9 miles in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Sometimes I go faster, sometimes I go slower, sometimes I run and run and run, sometimes I need walk breaks, sometimes I go farther and sometimes shorter distances are more than enough but, I always finish!




The Good:
1. Finished
2. Was able to get my long run over and done with

The Bad:
1. Very cold, very windy


The Ugly:
1. I did not miss getting up early to run

No comments:

Post a Comment