Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Running is real and relatively simple - but it ain't easy." - Mark Will-Weber

I must confess. I spent all of one and a half days journaling and measuring my servings. I tried, but have not been disciplined enough to stick to it. It takes 21 days of doing something before it becomes habit. At 2 (not even) days I didn't even scratch the surface, oh but there is good news. I'm back under 200lbs. Actually, I was only 200lbs for one day. I'm thinking that may have been what left me unmotivated. I am one of those people who do not get serious about something till the crap hits the fan. Example: tons and tons of homework, does not get done till the very last minute and, getting serious about my 10lb weight loss will not get done till it's a 20lb weight loss. Yeah, I'm complicated like that. Even though I'm not measuring and journaling I'm being pretty good about my food choices. Dessert was, is and always will be my biggest weakness. Dessert is okay...dessert x3 not so much. All is not lost. I actually realized I hadn't had a soda in a week till I went to grab one to drink today(it was a reward for a 9.01 mile run). So, I will celebrate the small things!

I have been putting in the miles to help prepare me for my 10 mile run that's less than a month away. I'm so looking forward to it because 1. I really enjoyed it last year and 2. My bff and sister will be joining me (they're walking a 5K). Today was my long run and it was a pretty good run. I had planned to 'run' 9 miles and, I did better than 'run' I actually ran! What I mean by 'run' is, whether it's a run/walk, a walk/run or a nonstop run, to me it's always running. I actually surprised myself today. I ran 9 miles without stopping well  not technically, I stopped after 8.15 briefly before I took off running again! But, I don't sweat the small stuff like, details such as those. What's even better is feeling pretty good afterwards. I guess I've been putting in the miles long enough now not to feel like I've been hit by a bus when it's over and done with. Plus, it helps when I stretch after. I don't know about other runners but for me, my goals when it comes to running changes from one run to the next. Some days, I want to go faster, some days I want to go farther and some days I'd love to do both and there are always those days you just want it to be over! Today was a day where I wanted to run as far and long as I could without stopping. I love it when I accomplish my goals!

The Good:
 1. Ran 9.01 miles

The Bad:
 1. I was carrying Gatorade and it kept dripping down my legs

The Ugly:
1. Runners Trot (why oh why does this keep happening to me?!)

This is me crossing the finish of my 1st half marathon(with two injuries). Hard to believe isn't it? Well, this is how I felt today after my 9 mile run minus the injuries of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment