Sunday, October 9, 2011

'Some people say I am insane for running; I say running keeps me sane' author unknown

The plan today was to run 8 miles. Well, I ended up running a total of 9.25 miles. I haven't ran more than 8 miles since my half marathon. In the three weeks since that race I've managed to run a total of 17 miles. That's an average of 5 miles a week so, I knew before I started my 8 9.25 run that it would be challenging, after all I was used to running at least 20 miles a week. Your body literally forgets what a long run feels like, at least mine does. I can't speak for others but when it comes to running, it is never easy for me, not even a 3 mile run.


Surf n Santa December 3, 2010
Like I've mentioned a few posts back, my goal is to hang out at around 8 miles. This way, when it's time to train for a 10 miler or half marathon the transition won't be as grueling. Speaking of training. I have decided to run the Surf n Santa Va Beach 10 miler!!! I'm so excited! I ran it last year and at the time, it was an inaugural race.The race organizers who put on this race are great! They're also responsible for the Shamrock half which is another fun run. Every participant received a finishers medal, the water bottle I'm holding, the jacket I'm wearing, Santa hats and bells for your sneakers(I opted not to don my hat or bells for the run...guess you could call me Scrooge? lol). This year it will be even more fun than last years race because two of my favorite people have decided to walk the Frosty 5K that takes place before the 10 miler. This way, I get to do something they always do for me....cheer them on!! I'm like a proud mama. Lol! So, back to my 9.25 run. The first 3 miles(like usual) were tough but, it got easier. It was a little warm. I actually found myself wishing it was cold but, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon. By the end, I was thinking...bring it Surf n Santa, I could take you on today! :-) I totally could have ran 10 miles today but I had to remind myself that I haven't done a long run in a few weeks and I didn't want to overdue it and cause myself to get an injury.

I was in the checkout line looking like this!!!
Overall it was a pretty good run until, I remembered on my way home that I needed to stop at the store and pick up toilet paper. Everyone was looking at me funny and I couldn't figure out why? I knew I was sweaty and I'm pretty sure I smelled but, I totally forgot that I lose a lot of salt and once it dries I look like a complete freak--->Exhibit A









The Good:
1. I finished
2. Ran 1.25 miles more than I'd planned
3. Beautiful Sunny Day!

The Bad:
1. A bit warm

The Ugly:
1. Exhibit A , lol

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete