Thursday, October 6, 2011

OOC aka Out Of Control!

I'm feeling so much better! That cold was no joke and, it kept me in bed for a full week(my vacation at that!).

I've been OOC!! It all started with the birthday pies. Unfortunately it didn't end with them, in fact, it was just getting started. Life got in the way and I got a little distracted(you can relate, right?). In other words, I didn't bother journaling, counting points or measuring my portions. Luckily I only managed to gain 2lbs. It is so hard to lose and maintain weight loss. I realized a long time ago that I will always struggle somewhat with my weight. For the last year and a half I've been battling these same few pounds. Up, down, up, down....repeat. I even found myself repeating one of my old mantras like 'I don't look like I weigh'. So, why bother with these stubborn 10lbs?! Umm ok, keep telling yourself that Tracey! I got to the point where I decided I may not 'look' like I weigh as much as I do but, clearly I weigh what I weigh. Yes, it helps being able to hide a few pounds but, what good does that do if you're still not happy with your weight? At any rate. I'm back in the saddle! I took a minor detour but, now I'm back on course.

I haven't managed to get in a long run since my half marathon...three weeks ago! That is all about to change. I plan to run 8 miles this weekend. I'll will blog all about it. I'm sure there will be stories to tell. :-) My longest run was this past Tuesday. I managed to get in 5 miles. It felt pretty damn good. Well, after the first 3 miles. The first 3 miles are killer for me. Hate, hate, hate it!

Now, I'm off to my yoga class and boy do I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment