Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bitching, Moaning, Complaining (my apologies in advance)

This is the worse time of year for me. For the last ten years without fail, I've come down with a case of SADS. Yes, I'm a hydrocondriac and no, I was never diagnosed with SADS but.... Anyway, I need sunshine, lots and lots of sunshine. To make matters worse, I'm hormonal. Can you begin to imagine the amount of chocolate I've consumed in the last few days?! For the last few weeks I've been a very naughty girl. I haven't journaled consistently(ok, at all!), I haven't been weighing my food and somehow I manged to find myself drinking a can of coca cola last night while snacking on buttered sourdough toast. Did I mention it was 12:10 am? Yeah, well that's where I am these days. The stress of school, work, money, SADS, hormones and I haven't been getting much sleep. It has not been good. On the bright side, I'm keeping up my workouts and I"m maintaining my 10lb weight loss. I will celebrate even the small things!

So, all is not lost! I got in a 4.5 mile run yesterday with hills(ok, 'inclines'). It was a great run because I was conquering the inclines and running at a faster pace. Plus, once reaching the top I just kept right on running. This is major for me because, hills were not my friend. All my training has paid off. According to my Garmin, I burned more calories than I usually would during a 4-5 mile run. Guess I was working hard? Speaking of hills...I've been having major heel pain. I think it's plantar fasciitis. No, this is not undiagnosed. I suffered from plantar fasciitis several years back. I always assumed it was weight related because, the podiatrist would mention losing weight when he was treating me and, once I dropped the first 50lbs it went away. Well, now it's back with a vengeance! It's extremely painful and I'm scheduled to see the doctor in a couple days. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need physical therapy....again. I tell you, turn 37 and my body falls apart. Actually, let me tell it, my body fell apart at 27. :-)

Going forward, I need to do better. My goal today is to journal every single thing I put into my mouth, good or bad. We shall see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment