Thursday, August 25, 2011

And I wonder how I regained 20 lbs.

I love, love love desserts! Did I say love? Well, I do! It is my biggest weakness along with soda, and french fries and well, you get my point. I believe I have an addiction to sugar. If you read my 'about me' you'd know by now I'm also a hypercondriac. Hence my self diagnosed sugar addiction. At any rate, I have this need or desire to eat dessert every night. Good news is on Weight Watchers it can be done. You just have to plan accordingly. Anyway, during the maintenance phase of being on plan I stopped counting my points and then I stopped cooking which, is a huge no no. Cut to yesterday...for weeks leading up to me rejoining WW's I had been picking up take out for dinner which would include dessert. A lot of days my dessert would be this delicious double chocolate chip walnut cookie from Panera Bread now, because I wasn't counting points I had no idea how many points this cookie was costing me and, to be frank didn't care. I'd ran out of ice cream ;-) and knew I needed to pick up a dessert on my way home and thought, oh, I'll stop at Panera. You see, now that I'm back on the plan I HAD to find out the 'point value' of this delicious cookie. Are you ready? A whopping 13 points! Let me put that into perspective for those of you  who are not familiar with how Weight Watchers work. I'm allowed 32 points a day based on key things such as weight, age, etc. Yeah, so you see 13 points is a lot for a cookie. You want to know my first thought after finding that out? 'And I wonder how I regained 20lbs'?!

Not the actual 13 point cookie monster


This Saturday I'll be running 13 miles!! Check back to hear all about it! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Great minds must think alike, huh? I just went back and read your August blogs and wow, you are doing great! My dream is to one day run a mini marathon. Good luck with your 20 pounds, (or 15 now). I will be reading along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes great minds and great names!! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be checking in on you as well. Your dream of running a mini marathon could definitely come true! Lots of luck with your journey!

    ReplyDelete