Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sick as a dog!

Ugh, there is nothing worse than getting sick while on vacation. It's awful! Luckily for me, being sick has kept me from eating myself out of house and home and, I didn't pay to go away so I'm suffering in the comfort of my own bed. I got sick on my birthday! How sad is that? Good thing it happened after the race and not before. Otherwise that would've been one hell of a 13.1 mile run. I believe the first thing I said to my sis and bff at the finish was 'my chest is killing me'. It wasn't pain from running but that pain you get right before you're about to come down with something awful?

I went out for my first run yesterday. It was hell! Between, the headache, chills, fever and body ache it felt like death. Fortunately I was only looking to get in 3 miles because, I needed to move my body. I didn't need it to get too comfy. I had plans to take an afternoon spin class today but, that didn't happen. I can't sleep, everything hurt and I have to go into work tomorrow. Sigh...

As usual, I've weighed in daily and I'm happy to see not only did I not gain any weight this week, I've actually lost a pound(so far). Even with the two birthday pies...err one birthday pie! So, good news...didn't gain weight, bad news...sick as a dog. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment