Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finding Perspective

Tuesday night was my last run before my half marathon on Sunday. It was the first time in a long time I actually realized that not only can I do it but, I'm looking forward to doing it.That nights run was only a three mile easy run but somewhere between the 1.5 mile mark and the finish, I started to feel really well. My breathing was great, my stride was great and I had finally gotten out of my own damn head! It was nice to run alone and clear my head and find some perspective. I decided I'll run to the best of MY ability and, I'll finish which is always the ultimate goal. I don't have to keep up a certain pace or run a certain way. In the end, it's all about me and my own two feet. I'm ready to claim my medal and sport it proudly (only for the pictures of course, lol) and put this race behind me. I'm now looking forward to my next goal. Training for my very first triathlon or better yet, learning to swim. First things first, right?

“Distance has the same effect on the mind as on the eye.”
 Samuel Johnson 

The Good:
1. I finished!
2. Finding perspective

The Bad:
2. Got dark early on the trail so, I ran A LOT faster!

The Ugly:
3.Hit me that the race is in less than a week

No comments:

Post a Comment