Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ups, Downs & In betweens

How many times a week is too many times a week, to step on the scale?

I'll confess, I'm a slave to the scale. A lot of people feel it's not healthy to be, but me? I believe it keeps me on track, for the most part anyway. During the entire time I was losing the the weight, I weighed myself practically everyday. Not everyone feels the need to weigh themselves more than once a week. It's a personal choice. Here's a quote from an article that addressed this topic. 'According to a December 2006 Nutrition Action Health Letter article “The Weighing Game,” people who want to keep the pounds from returning should check in with their scale daily. In an eighteen month study, only 26 percent of the participants who weighed themselves each day regained five pounds compared to 58 percent of those who did not weigh themselves every day. In another research study, Natalie Gingerich in “Make Friends with Your Scale” published in Prevention says, people who weighed themselves daily lost twice as many pounds than those who weighed themselves weekly. Perhaps making the scale your friend can be the best way to lose weight'.



You should check out the rest of the article. It goes on to say, 'don't be consumed by the scale'. Here's the link.----> http://www.bestwaytoloseweighthq.net/should-i-weigh-myself-every-day/

Below are a few pics of me through the span of a three year 100+ pound weight loss(and gain). The one thing these pictures all have in common (except for the first one) is, at some point during the day the photo was taken, I had weighed myself.


July 2007 (around 280lbs)
December 2008 (85lb weight loss)





December 2009 (Goal Weight! 100lb loss)


December 2010 (10lb weight gain)

May 2011 (20lb weight gain)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Butterfly.. I never notice the surge in your weight as you appear on photo 1.. I knew you had gained weight but never really noticed. I am so very proud of you for accomplishing such a huge and life changing obstacle and that you had the preseverance to see it through.
    I think that I am going to take a photo of myself because sometimes you really need see yourself before you can address your issues.

    Continue to blog and inspirer your readers.

    ReplyDelete