Saturday, August 20, 2011

Officially back on plan(Weight Watchers)

So, I did what I thought I'd never have to do again. Rejoined Weight Watchers. At first it was only a 5 pound weight gain. All my clothes were still fitting and when I looked in the mirror I thought to myself  'hmm I still look pretty good'. Cut to 20 lbs later and, I'm thinking how the hell did I put on 20lbs in just a few short months? Getting to relaxed that's how. Instead of one 12 ounce soda a week I was now drinking a 12 ounce can of soda a day or more. Instead of using my measuring spoons to plate my mashed potatoes, I was just loading them up without being conscious and the butter, whew forget about it or in my case don't!! :-) Putting on the 20lbs is even affecting my running. I've been prone to injuries since I first started running thanks to genetics and the fact that I carried so much weight around for so many years which, weakened my knees. Trying to carry that extra weight while pounding the pavement is a no no! It's so much easier not being conscious but, when is weight loss or, keeping weight off ever easy? Statistics shows that most people who lose 50lb or more of weight gain  it all back plus some in the first year. I was thinking at three years out having only gained a 'few' pounds, I was way ahead of the curve. Well this is what leads to regaining the weight. I was in denial. I was reminded that it was that kind of thinking that caused me to gain the 100bls in the first place. So, I did what I thought I'd never have to do again. I rejoined Weight Watchers!

2 comments:

  1. I WILL TOO MY FRIEND......FINALLLLLLYYYYYYYYY THANKS FOR HAVING THIS BLOG IT WILL HELP ME AND I'M SURE IT WILL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE TOO.... YOU LOOK AMAZING EVEN IF YOU GAIN WEIGHT. YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION AND AN AMAZING PERSON LOVE U TRACEY I WILL READ YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY AND TAKING NOTES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica!! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete