Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy Sundays

I love Sunday's! It's the one day a week where I literally lay in bed all day so, what's not to love? I've heard that you should start the day/week off the way you'd like to finish it. Well, I'd like to finish my week in bed. Unfortunately for me, that's not an option . I tend to work out anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week. I almost never work out on Sunday's. How could I, when I'm in bed? :-) Every now and then I get the urge to set my alarm on a Saturday night in hopes of taking a 8:30 Sunday morning spin class. Let's just say 8 out of 10 of those times, I hit the snooze and I never quite make it to spin.

My long runs are usually on Saturday and by Sunday my legs are asking for a rest. Sometimes I rest them and other times I go out on an easy 3 or 4 mile run. Occasionally if I really feel like I need to get a workout in because I'm stressed, motivated to do so or just because I ate or drank way too much the day before, I go and take a 4 mile brisk walk. Today's one of those 'hit the snooze button but dealing with stress and need to take a walk' kind of Sundays. So, I'm off to take that brisk walk!!

Going for a quick brisk 30 minute walk could make you feel great!

1 comment:

  1. I actually ended up walking 5.10 miles! Took me abut an hour and 15 minutes and I burned over 500 calories!

    ReplyDelete